Looking for Something?

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays

As a stay at home Mom of 5 children, I know all about being thrifty. When my husband and I were dating, we both knew that when we had children, I would stay home to raise them. It isn't always easy, but my babies are worth it.
So I though doing a Thrifty Thursday post would be some fun!
The biggest cost saving thing I do is my cloth diapers!
When I started cloth diapering, I was pregnant with my third child. I had considered cloth diapering, but up to that point I did not have my own washer and dryer.
It is estimated that it costs $1200 per year to use disposable diapers on one child! so even if you have them potty trained at 2, that's $2400!! Wow! So, I asked my husband if I could buy some cloth diapers used. To begin with, I found some Kushies AIO diapers, because that's all I knew off. I spent $60 for 12  diapers. My husband humoured me, but really did not expect me to follow through.
As time went on, I built up a stash of pockets, prefolds and covers. I grew to love cloth diapering! I have even converted some people!
I am now on baby # 5, and she is exclusively a cloth baby!

What is thrifty to you?

No comments: