Looking for Something?

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays

One thing I've learned, is cheaper is not always better. So many people I know are so quick to get things at Walmart as a way to save money. I am fine with shopping at Walmart, but you really do get what you pay for. Especially when you buy clothing. I have 4 boys. One of the best "thrifty" things I can do is keep my kids clothing lasting as long as possible. Take this shirt:
I bought this 6 years ago from The Children's Place. It is currently on my youngest son, and it was even used on my nephew. That is 5 boys!
Then there is this:
That is after 1 boy! Cheap rarely lasts 2 kids.
I will admit, I am sometimes surprised by the "cheap" clothes.
So how can you be thrifty while buying brand name? The best way is to shop the sales. I sign up for email alerts for my favorite stores. Most times the sales match the cheaper brands and the clothes last way longer! Even if you don't have a bigger family, most second hand and consignment stores will take unstained brand name clothing. This can be a great way to fund the next size you need.

No comments: