Looking for Something?

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Silly Saturday: The Customer is Not Always Right


Is the customer "always right?" 

Customer: “Can I have a glass of water?”
 Server: “Sure.”
 *gets him cup of water*
 Customer: “Are we in Woburn?”
 Server: “Yes.”
 Customer: “Oh, so is this, uh, Woburn water?”
 Server: *sigh* “Yes.”
 Customer: “Didn’t this stuff kill people?”
 Server: “That was years ago.”
Customer: “No, I think it was very recent.”
 Server: “No, the movie was just released very recently. The water’s fine now.”
 Customer: “I’d rather not take my chances. Can I get a bottle of water instead with a cup of ice?”
 Server: “You know where ice comes from, right?”
 Customer: “Huh?”
 Server: “Never mind. Enjoy.”
*hands them bottle of water and ice made from Woburn water*


 While passing through airport security, a passenger’s bag needs to be pulled because the x-ray operator sees an obvious big bottle of water when the limit is 3.4 oz.)

Security: “Whose bag is this?”
 Passenger: “Oh! Oh! Oohhh! It’s mine! Is there something wrong?”
 Security: “I just need to take a quick look inside, ma’am. This shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.”
 Passenger: “Well, hurry. I think they’re boarding my plane.”
 *Opens her bag and find the bottle almost immediately. She gasps as it is pulled out.*
 Security: “Ma’am, I’m afraid you cannot have this beyond this point.”
 Passenger: “Why not? I just bought it, and it’s unopened!”
 Security: “Ma’am, the rules clearly state that you cannot have any liquids over 3.4 oz in your carry on. If you’d like to, you could–”
 Passenger: “But that’s not a liquid!”
 Security: “Excuse me, ma’am?”
 Passenger: “It’s not a liquid! It’s water! W-A-T-E-R! You know, H-2-O? For the love of God, don’t they hire anyone with more than a grade school education for security?”