Looking for Something?

Saturday, January 12, 2013

I am not a statistic!!



New Year Resolutions......even the sound to me seems hard. I resolve to _____________ this year.


To what? Loose weight is always the most common. Did you know there are stores that rent exercise equipment? They know that come January every one is thinking of starting to get in shape. Yet come March, most of us have quit.
Did you know that between 88- 92% of those who set New Year resolutions fail? That's an encouraging statistic.


What is it about New Years that gives us this push? A new start always sounds so appealing. who cares what happened last year, THIS year will be different........

How can we keep it going all year long? What motivates us to keep going? I don't want to be a statistic.
So, I am going to fix it. I am issuing a challenge to all of us, to break that statistic. We can encourage each other, keep each other accountable. Here is my plan:

Step 1.
Set Realistic Short Term Goals 
When the bar is set so high, any set back makes you feel like a failure. So why bother?

Step 2.
Rewards
When you reward your self, you have something to look forward to, and a success to look back on

Step 3.
Blog and Encourage
I want to share my successes  and encourage others to do the same. Keep each other accountable.  I will post weekly about my journey, and ask others to comment, and link any relevant blog posts.

We can do this! Weight loss, excise, eating better, reading more, quitting habits, starting habits, what ever it is, let's not be a statistic! 



7 comments:

JaShawndra Robinson said...

my goal is to complete the Love Dare and actually gain from it. Today will be day 7 for me. Good luck to us both, and everyone who joins us for a change

Adrianne Surian said...

What a wonderful way to tackle your goals. I always make shprt-term "resolutions" - the only thing I set for this year is to get our house ready to put on the market. We've made amazing headway in just 2 weeks and we meet with the realtor in a few days. (Fingers crossed it's worth enough to get out of it for what we owe... but that I have a lot less control over!)

Good luck to you!!

Adrianne
Happy Hour Projects

SavingsInSeconds said...

I think resolutions are a great way to claim a result. Even if you stumble along the way, the intention is there.

Making of a Mom said...

I don't even bother because I know I will be a statistic! lol

Janell said...

Great tips. I need to focus on small goals to reach my bigger goals.

Denise said...

I try to make small goals throughout the year to keep me on track. small goals lead to big goals being completed:)

Shanaka said...

I reached my weight goal the end of 2012 so now for 2013 I am working on becoming more organized. I don't want to be another statistic.