Looking for Something?

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

When It Rains It Pours

Ever have "One of those days?" Well, today is one of those days. My day started out fine. Then I decided to leave the house. Big mistake!
First I unlock the van door, and I send out the kids out side. No problem. Grab my stuff, grab Little C and lock the door. Upon walking to the van door, I notice I don't have my keys. Any of my keys. They are locked up in the house! Great.
The only people with spare keys are out of town. Not an option. So I am forced to call my Hubby at work. Hooray! My hero comes to the rescue.

So, we go on and get Little C's glasses adjusted, no problems.
I start supper, and just as I get the food in the oven, half of the house looses power. We have an old house. While it has been upgraded (no knob and tube wiring and such) we still have these stupid fuses that the power runs through. Every so often, one goes out and half the house looses power.
I can my super hero to see how long till he gets home, because I can't find his tools in the dark!
Just as I hang up  the phone, Little E brings me Little C's glasses......with the arm snapped!

It's just one of those days.......

2 comments:

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Thank you for sharing. That is so true. I lost my daughter 9 weeks ago and it seems like it will never stop "raining". I try to look for the rainbow in the middle of the downpour, but somehow can't fins it.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss :( Keep looking for the rainbow. It takes time, but it will be there