Looking for Something?

Thursday, June 16, 2011

MixBook Photobook Review




I love to put photos I currently have into photobooks.  I have used so many different companies and types that it gets really boggling sometimes.  If it is not long drawn out process with no ending it is difficult in using. However, even in times it is easy to use there is always the price or the way the product turns out.  I have to say that my experience with Mixbook was exceptional all the way around.  I do have to apologize for the quality of my own personal photos.  Due to the glossy pages my camera was not able to pick up the exceptional work done on these books.


I was given the opportunity to review an 8 x 6" softcover Mixbook  photobook.  I received a code so that I could design the photobook myself.  I went to the website and started working on my photobook.  The first thing I noticed was the many choices I had available for designs and layouts.  This is always a plus for me because I do so many of these that I hate giving people the same book twice lol.  As I started working on it, I knew I had 20 pages to fill.  I decided I would go with their Father's Day design since Father's Day is coming up. 

I wanted to incorporate both my girls into the photobook but had pretty limited pictures I wanted to use in this book.  I was so scared I would run out of pictures before pages.  I kept with the same set up that the Father's Day design came with.  I was actually able to fill it and have some pictures left.  Now because this is a review, I had to incorporate some pictures in it that were not of 100%.  These pictures would have been blurry, red eyed, and not great for the book.  I mean we all have those kind of pictures right? We all have used them once or twice for certain things.  Even pictures we don't think that are that bad but were taken with a camera phone.  Well I wanted to test out what would happen.

So I waited a few days and then got my softbook photobook in the mail.  As excited as I was to see it I had to wait.  Since this is a Father's Day gift I had to wait until the Daddy was not around.  So it took a few days before I could open it.  But when I did I was amazed.  Many of the pictures that I was worried about came out so much better than they had in other printouts.  Now there were some that not even Mixbook could fix but I mean only so much magic can be worked.

So what is my opinion? I absolutely love this company.  I will definitely be doing my business with them.  But you ask..what is the pricing? I mean don't we all want to know this information?
 
They range from $6.99 for the 6 x 4" mini landscape softbook to $39.99 for the 12 x 12" Hardbook.  They also do cards and calendars as well.

They always appear to have specials going on but they have agreed to give you, my readers, a one-time 20% off discount for any item.  There is no expiration date on when to use this but it is only good for one per customer.  Take advantage of it. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Use code "TOMOSON20" to get your 20% off.

How do you learn more about Mixbook? You can find them on Facebook, Twitter, and as always you can head over to the Mixbook website.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments: