Looking for Something?

Saturday, August 13, 2011

I only wish I'd have known________________!

Well, since Mama Carol is pregnant, it got me thinking of my own pregnancy woes. With 5 pregnancies, I have had 3 c-sections, 2 emergencies, and 1 planned. I have had all kinds of morning sickness, exhaustion, aches & pains, you name it! It's true what they say, each pregnancy is different. I have learned through the years things that have helped, and things I wish I had known in the beginning. The biggest thing I wish I had known is the effectiveness of Chiropractic care during pregnancy.
I have never has difficult pregnancies, but I have had difficult deliveries. I am only 5'2", and have a history of posterior babies. (Baby is face up instead of face down)
During my forth pregnancy, I couldn't move with out screaming in pain. The pain was just below my right hip. It was unbearable. After some internet research, I decided to seek the care of a chiropractor. I found a woman who works with families, and is trained for pregnancies very close to home, so I went. If I only knew sooner! Turned out my pelvis was so out of alignment that my legs were different lengths! After a few weeks of care, I could move again! Since I had been like this for so many years, it is taking some time to have my body keep the proper alignment, but the difference has been amazing!

What are the benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy?
According to the American Pregnancy Association potential benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy include:

Maintaining a healthier pregnancy
Controlling symptoms of nausea (Couldn't hurt)
Reducing the time of labor and delivery (Really wish I had known that one!)
Relieving back, neck or joint pain
Prevent a potential cesarean delivery

If I only had known, I may have saved my self those difficult deliveries!
So, I want to know, What do you wish you had known before your first pregnancy or delivery?
Any hints for Carol this time around?
I only wish I'd have known ______________!



The Chiropractic Way: How Chiropractic Care Can Stop Your Pain and Help You Regain Your Health Without Drugs or Surgery

No comments: