Looking for Something?

Monday, November 7, 2011

Confessions of a stay at home mom.......

In April I will be celebrating 10 years with my wonderful husband. We have 5 children 8 and under, I home school, try to keep up on housework, and over the years have lost myself.
When I first met my husband, I was young, and took good care of my self. I did my hair, wore make up, and just took care in my appearance. I was not "high maintenance" but I felt I was balanced. Then the family started. I had 1 baby, and of course, I was the last of my priorities. Then, 3 months later, I was pregnant again!
Now I have had 3 c-sections, 5 children, and cringe when I look in the mirror. I have gained weight, rarely wear make up, and have my hair in a pony tail 99% of the time. My husband tells me I am beautiful, but I don't buy it!
So I decided enough is enough! I have not bought my self clothing, accessories, or make up in ages! I am going to change it!
My challenge to myself is:
Every morning, put on some make up.

It's a small thing, but a start. I feel better about my self when I put in the effort. When I feel better about myself, I am in a better mood. This affects my patience with my children, and the way I interact with other people.
My long term goal is to start exercising again, loose the baby weight, and start some kind of hobby.
This is something I know a lot of mothers struggle with, and I challenge other mothers to do this with me. I know it is a small thing, but the small things can have a huge impact on our daily lives. Whose with me?

1 comment:

Twisted Cinderella said...

I really need to do something like this too.